10 Steps to Creating a Healthier Lifestyle
When you have a number of kilo’s to lose the thought of losing the excess weight can be very daunting. In fact so many people I come across feel that the effort is just too much. If you want to start a change in lifestyle, as you get your head around going on a specific weight loss program, I would suggest taking the following steps as these can support your greatly:
- Increase your water intake to between 1.5 and 2 litres per day. This water should where possible be filtered or spring.
- Increase your protein intake.
- Decrease your processed carbohydrate intake – bread, pasta, muffins, etc.
- Go without carbohydrates with your evening meal – potatoes, rice, etc.
- Decrease your sugar consumption – sugar is bad and has no nutritional value.
- Avoid low-fat alternatives – these are usually loaded with sugar.
- Avoid diet drinks – they contain dangerous alternatives.
- Light exercise – walking, rebounding – some is better than none.
- Sleep between 7 and 8 hours.
- Actively look at ways to destress your life.